Monday, March 8, 2010

March 8 - Be Proud of the Gospel


I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for 
the salvation of everyone who believes; first for the Jew, 
then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God
is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, 
just as it is written: "The righteous live by faith."
Romans 1:16,17
In Romans, Paul teaches us that he was not ashamed for his message of Good News about Christ. The gospel is for everyone; Jew and Gentile alike. God's gospel for us is about redemption from our sins and how through Him we will have eternal life. Are you feeling ashamed about the Good News? Do you falter when asked about your faith? Today and for all the days to come, stand tall in your convictions. Christ is our Savior and He alone died for our sins. His message is truthful, honest, and for everyone. We are right with God through faith and faith alone. Focus on God and what He is doing in your life and around the world. When you set your sights on Him you will not be ashamed or embarrassed.

The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction!
  But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.
1Corinthians 1:18

Oh Heavenly Father I come before you today to ask for forgiveness. Forgive me of my shortsightedness and my stubbornness.  Father God I have not always opened the door to your Good News about Christ when given the opportunity. Lord I will no longer be ashamed, reluctant, or embarrassed. When given the opportunity I will gladly proclaim Your glory and honor and lead unbelievers to your glorious kingdom. In Your name I pray, Amen.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment