Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 16 - Positive Attitude

 


Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Philippians 4:4,5

Have you ever considered the attitude you portray to those around you? Be honest, what do you think is the first impression a stranger makes when they meet you or even see you walking in the grocery store? People watching is a pastime I learned from my Father. I used to watch and judge but now I know that is sinful so I watch and marvel at all the different people my Heavenly Father has put on this earth. Admittedly so, some people walk around with a smile and an air of contentment. While others, well lets just say the frown lines are probably permanently etched on their brow. Which person are you? Which person do you want to be?
Life is not always easy and our emotions can vary from day to day. A positive attitude can make all the difference in day. Ever noticed when you wake up feeling lousy or grouchy your kids act up more and grate on your nerves. But then there are those days when everything falls into place. What is the difference? The attitude you woke up with. No matter what your morning has been life, hold up the stop sign and switch gears. Today will be a good day. Why? Simply because it is another day that God has given you and that in and of itself is a blessing. Appreciate and treasure everything around you, yes even the pile of laundry and the screaming kids. You have been blessed. You can wear a positive attitude on your face today, tomorrow, and everyday in the future. (for no other reason than to prevent frown lines on your forehead). Did you laugh? Good, now go make it a good day with a positive attitude smeared all over your face.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put in practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:8,9

Father God I want to thank you for this beautiful day you have given. Despite all that is on my to-do list you never forsake me. Whenever I need you, you never leave me. Lord please forgive me for my sour attitude. I know it is not the work of your hands and your love. It is my hearts desire to bless myself and those around me with a good attitude as a symbol of your love and graciousness. Lord when I begin to falter please nudge me spirit to send it higher. Thank you again Heavenly Father for all that you have blessed me with, everything I have I owe to you. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment