Friday, March 12, 2010

March 12 - Doing Good To All


Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper 
time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galatians 6:9

Life can seem overwhelming at times. You may be questioning your purpose or commitment in a particular project. You started with good intentions but now you are wavering about continuing. Ministry is a commitment that needs to be reevaluated from time to time. If you have Christ in your heart chances are you have been called to one ministry or another. God has called you to do good for others. You are serving His kingdom with your words, time, service, energy, or creativity. You are actively growing the faith as He has called you to do. However, that does not mean your heart will always be in the ministry. Active ministry is hard work, it is a time commitment that you might otherwise want to spend on other things. In Galatians, Paul encourages us to persevere in the good work we are doing to grow God's kingdom, "for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Ministry work can come in many different shapes, sizes, and purposes. They are all important to our Heavenly Father. My husband for example posts scripture on his facebook page each day to encourage his friends. My family, as well as this blog and Shepherding Kind Hearts are my ministries.  I feel a strong calling from my Heavenly Father toward each of my ministries. However, that doesn't mean that my zest for each of those activities does not waver from time to time. Of course it does, I am human and made of flesh. When I doubt my commitment though, I immediately pray to God and ask him for guidance. He always gives me the encouragement I need. If you too are doubting your involvement in something good in your life, I would like to encourage you to ask God for help and guidance. He has the answers.

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, 
especially to those whole belong to the family of believers.
Galatians 6:10

Dear Heavenly Father, I come before you today with doubt and worry in my heart. Lord I know you want me to continually work for Your kingdom, growing it ever more strong and sturdy. My heart has grown weak though Father. Please buoy me up and encourage me to continue. I need Your strength and words of wisdom to persevere. I will work all the days of my life for You, O Heavenly Father. So long as it is Your will, I will work in the ministry you have called me to do. Thank you Father for my special calling. I know you have created me for a special purpose, I pray that I fulfill all your hopes and expectations. Through you Lord anything is possible. In Your holy name I pray, Amen.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment