Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 4 - Give your pain to God


Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if only you had been here, my brother would not have died.
But even now I know that God will give you whatever you ask."
John 11:21,22

Are you hiding your true feelings from our Lord? Do you push your raw emotions down deep within you and only present your "good" and "happy" side to God in prayer? Today pulldown your curtain of falsehood in front of our Almighty Father. Plead with Him, complain to Him, and most of all be "real" with Him. 

Martha and Mary were distraught over the death of their brother Lazarus. Both Mary and Martha openly and freely complained to Jesus when he returned to Bethany. Coupled with their fear and complaints though were faith and trust. Mary and Martha knew that God could do anything through His son Jesus.

When Jesus saw people weeping for Lazarus he freely wept as well (John 11:33). Jesus often expressed emotions therefore we must not be afraid to reveal our honest feelings to Him. Honestly bring your thoughts and emotions to our Savior, he understands. Our Lord cares and will comfort you in your time of despair all you have to do is come to Him freely with open arms.

Lord in Heaven I come before you today with open arms on bended knee. Please forgive me for hiding my true emotions from You Heavenly Father. In times of despair and difficulty I will come before you honestly and freely, I will not bury my emotions but rather present to you my true feelings. Be them hopeful or scared, grateful or angry, before You Oh Lord I will lay my heart at Your feet. In Your name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment