Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3- Waiting for God

     
Yet I am confident I will see the Lord's goodness
while I am here in the land of the living.
Wait patiently for the Lord.
Be brave and courageous.
Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
Psalm 27:13,14

How often have you cried out to God in prayer asking Him for this or that only to have your prayers go unanswered. Are they truly unanswered though? Of course not, God enables things to happen on His time and not our own. Waiting for God to show us His will is tough. Our situation may be urgent and He isn't responding as quickly as we think He should. This thinking is flawed. God is in control of our life and He is worth waiting for. 

While you wait patiently for God to answer your prayers use this time wisely to renew and refresh your spirit. Learn from His word. Make use of your time by seeking out what He may be trying to teach you.

I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!"
The Lord is good to those who depend on him,
to those who search for him.
So it is good to wait quietly
for salvation from the Lord.
Lamentations 3:24-26

Heavenly Father today I pray that I may gain patience and strength, understanding and insight while I wait for Your will on my life. No longer will I ask for things to happen or problems to be fixed on my schedule. Your plan for my life Oh Lord is perfect and I will patiently wait for Your will to be shown in my life. In Your name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment