Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 28 - Open Your House


Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters.
Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, 
for some who have done this have 
entertained angels without realizing it.
Hebrews 13:1,2

Is it easy for you to open your house to friends and guests? Do you worry about what your house looks like? Oh the toys that are strewn all around, the messy bathroom, or what about the dirty dishes in the kitchen. So often we let the little things get in the way of freely and joyously opening our home to friends and family. What a shame? Think of all the laughter, fellowship, and sharing we could have experienced had it not been for our worldly worries. Fellowship does not depend on the cleanliness of your house.

When I begin worrying about what my house looks like to visitors I do two things. First I reassure myself that the condition of my house doesn't matter to my heavenly Father. Second, I enlist my family to help me do a quick surface clean of the areas visitors are most likely to see. We quickly pick up any clutter and stash it out of sight until a later time when we can clean and organize in a more formal manner.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the family, friends, and fellowship you have blessed me with. O Lord please calm my worries about the appearance of my house. May I always been open in mind and heart to welcome any and every visitor you send to my blessed home. Thank you Father for everything you have blessed me with, may I openly share those blessings with others. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment