Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22 - Sweet Words

  
Pleasant word are a honeycomb sweet to 
the soul and healing to the body.
Proverbs 16:24

How conscious are you throughout your day of the words you speak and the tone you use in your voice? Emotions, tiredness, and stress can all affect how we communicate with not only our family and loved ones but also the people we encounter as we go about our day. The tone in your voice can set the stage for an entire conversation. A negative or angry tone can change the mood in your house in an instant. None of us intentionally speak ill or use an angry tone in our voice. But it still happens. I would like to encourage you today to be a good steward of the precious gift God has given you; today. Wholeheartedly try to keep a friendly, kind, compassionate, and sweet tone to your voice today. Choose your words carefully and think about how others will interpret them before you speak. Tell your family how much you love them and give them all an honest compliment. Tell your spouse how much you appreciate them and all the hard work they do for your family. Pleasant words are truly a sweet sound to the soul. Relish in the joy your words will create today. Can you go the whole day without saying anything negative?

Words from a wise man's mouth are gracious, 
but a fool is consumed by his own lips.
Ecclesiastes 10:12

Dear Lord please shepherd me today as I strive to be kinder, gentler, and more compassionate with my words. Father I pray that my words may be a sweet sound to all those around me. I want to be a shining light and an example of your graciousness. Please give me the wisdom and strength to remove the evil from my spirit and allow the beauty that you have created within me shine through. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment