Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7- Forgiveness


Bear with each others and forgive whatever you may 
have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
Colossians 3:13

Forgiving someone that has hurt you deeply is incredibly difficult. Human nature can often times impede what our Lord wants us to do; forgive. Paul teaches us in Colossians that forgiving can be made easier by remembering how much God has forgiven us. God's love for you is unending. May you gain comfort, strength, and solace in forgiving those in your life that have sinned against you. Today, give to God all the wrongs you have endured. He will judge them when the time is right, it is not our job. Live each day with love and joy in your heart rather than the ill that comes from harboring ill towards others.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, 
since as members of one body you were called to peace. 
And be thankful.
Colossians 3:15

Oh Heavenly Father, I come before you today to thank you for forgiving me of my sins. Lord I give to you all the pain and anger I hold towards those that I feel have done me wrong. Father God I ask that you take the hurt I feel towards these people and remove it from my heart. I want to live the rest of my days full of love and joy. In Your holy name I pray, Amen.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment