Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 13 - Working for God

 

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves,
it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's 
workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, 
which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:8-10 

You have been saved through Christ not merely for yourselves but also for the benefit of others. Are you working for your Heavenly Father each and everyday? Your ministry need not be large, international, or even well-known. He simply wants you to do good deeds to others, show kindness to people He puts in your daily life, and lead others to salvation when given the opportunity. Your family and all the effort you put into raising Christ-centered children is an incredibly important ministry for his kingdom. Do not despair in the daily drudgery of life, maintaining a welcoming and happy home is pleasing to our Father in heaven. Do not boast about your accomplishments or good deeds. No one needs to know of your actions other than your Savior.


If time allows read Ephesians 2:4-10

Dear Heavenly Father you know my pain and my struggles. I come before you O Lord today to ask that you strengthen me under the weight of my burdens. Lord, please take the weight and in its place give me peace of mind and heart. Your plan for my life is perfect. Show me Your way O Lord. Show me the ministry you have prepared in advance for my life. I will wait patiently Father for your will to be shown. I desire to work all my days for your kingdom.  In Your name I pray, Amen

post signature

1 comment:

Jen said...

In light of my Galatians 6:9 post - this was very timely! Lovely blog. I look forward to reading more and being blessed. Thanks for visiting Inglesidemom.

Stop over at www.freshstartmondays.com on Mondays for a weekly devotional.

Blessings,
Jen

Post a Comment