Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24 - Acceptance

 

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement 
give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,
so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify 
the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 
Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you,
in order to bring praise to God.
Romans 15:5-7

Undeniably it is human nature to judge others and show preferences toward certain groups of people. It is something we have struggled with for countless years. However, this does not serve as an excuse for our behavior. Jesus accepted everyone while He walked this earth. Men, women, children, sick, poor, homeless; He loved them all. Everyone who believes belongs in His kingdom. Today I encourage you to not think ill thoughts of those around you. Treat everyone fairly, just as you want to be treated. We are all worth in His eyes. Glorify His name today by accepting those around you. Your neighbor, your enemy, that certain group of people you do not particularly care for; show them the respect they are owed. With one heart and one mouth, I Pray that His acceptance of everyone may work through you and your heart today.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1Peter 4:3

O Lord, I come before you today to ask your forgiveness. I have not been accepting of everyone around me Father. You have placed these people in my life for a reason and I have turned my back on them. Heavenly Father I ask that you work through me today to glorify Your name and accept everyone around me. Lord please soften my heart towards those that have sinned against me. Father please give me the wisdom and strength to be more loving, kind, gentle, and respectful towards my neighbors. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment