Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 22 - We Share in the Promise



And this is God's plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the 
Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God's children. 
Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise 
of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 3:6

Everyone who believes in the gospel shares equally in the bounty of heaven. All that have accepted Jesus as their Savior will reap the bounty of salvation. Our message for today is particularly convicting for me because so much talk and attention is given to "which religion is better". So many Christian groups senselessly waste their time bickering back and forth about which teaching is truer, which Bible is clearer, or which church is more convicting. If we take to heart Paul's teachings in Ephesians we can clearly understand that one group of Christians or Jews is not better than another. Following this Bible translation or that makes no difference. What matters most to God is that we have accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior. He wants us to follow in His footsteps and go where He leads us. Faith, forgiveness, and mercy is all that He asks of us. In return we receive salvation. Nothing more, nothing less.  Together as Christians and Jews who believe in Christ Jesus we will share in the promise of salvation and a bountiful eternal life. Next time you begin to throw stones about another Christian group, please think of Ephesians 3:6.

Dear Heavenly Father, please forgive me of my sins. O Lord please open my eyes to my shortsightedness and wash away the sins. Awaken my heart to acceptance of all that believe in You as their Savior. Please help me to willingly open my arms, heart, and home to all that believe in You. May I be a beckon on encouragement and comfort to all that seek me in Your name. In Jesus' name, Amen.

post signature

1 comment:

Post a Comment