Monday, May 10, 2010

May 10 - A Call for Repentance


Turn to me now, while there is still time.
 Give me your hearts. Come with fasting,
 weeping, and mourning.
Do not tear your clothing in your grief,
 but tear your hearts instead.
Return to the Lord your God,
for he is merciful and compassionate,
slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
Joel 1:12,13

Where is your faith in God? Are you all in or are you dabbling your toes in the sea of Christianity? Does your study of the word and commitment to prayer ebb and flow like the tides? Today is the day to commit yourselves whole-heartedly to God. He wants you all in. Give Him your hearts! Tear your heart open for God and let His love for your pour in. It is so easy to get caught up in the daily grind, the struggles and challenges that bombard us from all angles. Time in the word is often sacrificed for time on the internet or time gossiping with friends. Where are your priorities? If you regularly put God and your faith second then you are dabbling your toes in the water. Repent today dear friend. He is waiting.

Remember time with your Father in Heaven comes in many different shapes, forms, and fashions. Prayer can happen anytime the world around you is quiet. Taking a shower, washing dishes by hand, cleaning the house, driving in the car between your children’s events; these are just a few of the times you can pray and give praise to Him. Download podcasts of the Bible to spend time in the word while you workout, drive around town, take the dog for a walk, or get things done around the house. If your faith is important to you there is time in your daily life.

Dear heavenly Father I come before you today with a repentant heart. Forgive me O Lord for my sinful ways. I have lost sight of what is important in my life. It is You O Father that must come first in my life. Please show me the ways and the times in my life where I can make time for you and Your word throughout my day. Please give me the strength and wisdom to change my ways so that my daily faith remains renewed, refreshed, and encouraged. All glory and honor is owed to you O Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.


post signature

1 comment:

Jen said...

Excellent, excellent, excellent! Matches with three other deovtionals different people have forwarded to me today, I am thinking the Lord is trying to tell us all something?

Post a Comment