Friday, May 21, 2010

May 21 - We Are Near God



But now you have been united with Christ Jesus. 
Once you were far away from God, but now you have been brought 
near to him through the blood of Christ.
Ephesians 2:13


In Jesus' time Jews and Gentiles resented each other. The Jews believed they were superior to the Gentiles and that the Gentiles were hopeless to save. The Gentiles on the other hand scoffed at the Jews claims and felt hatred towards them for the way the Jews treated them. Jesus' birth, death, and resurrection was for not only the Jews but also the Gentiles. Jesus united both groups under His wing and gave the precious gift of salvation to everyone. Even in modern times we are all united with and because of Jesus Christ. When you accepted Christ into your life you were united with Him through His body and blood. Jesus is so mighty and powerful that He can break down prejudices, brings reconciliation, and unifies us all into one body. 


Have you stopped to think recently about how far you have come in your life because you accepted Christ? Where would you be without Him? Are you walking near or far from God at this time in your life? I am deeply humbled when I consider the changes that God has made in my own life. I am brought to my knees with anguish to even consider where I might be without His love, guidance, and wisdom in my own life. We all need to stop and contemplate sometimes the marvelous impact God has had on our lives and give thanks to Him for all the glory He has bestowed upon us all. Times might be tough right now but do not fear, God is still near and He will not forsake you.


Dear Heavenly Father, O Lord where would I be without You in my life? Thank you Father for choosing me for salvation. All glory and honor is owed to You God for all that blessings you have given to me. May I never stray from your side and all be near You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment