Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20 - We Are God's Masterpiece



For we are God's masterpiece. 
He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, 
so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
Ephesians 2:10


I wish I was skinnier. I wish I was taller. I wish I had different color hair. I wish I had less wrinkles. The list of wishes for ourselves can go on and on. But why? Why do we torment ourself over and over again by dwelling on the imperfections rather than celebrate the perfect way God made us? You are truly God's masterpiece. You were created and live in perfection. Every wrinkle upon your face, every strand of hair upon your head, and every inch that allows you to stand tall is just how God intended you to be here on Earth. Celebrate the beauty within and without. Give thinks to Him for the grace and perfection He showed in creating you. Perfect you! 

Personally, I shudder to think how much time I wasted wishing away my blessings. I wish I was taller, I wish I had curly hair, I wish I didn't have freckles, and the list goes on. Once I learned to stop speaking negatively of myself I was able to enter a new level of relationship with God. I was finally able to embrace the perfection and imperfection with which He created me. What a wonderful feeling I was finally able to experience once I began appreciating myself.

God considers you His masterpiece. Do no disrespect Him by treating yourself or other as inferior.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the masterpiece you have created in me. No longer will I disrespect You by thinking of myself as inferior. Please bless my eyes and open them to the perfection within me and everyone around me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment