Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1 - Love Your Spouse


Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 
and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave 
himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Ephesians 5:1-2

God loves us so much that he gave His only begotten son to die on the cross for our sins. The scope of God's love for us is astounding, uncomprehendable. His love for us is never ending and never fades. Can we say the same for our own relationships? When was the last time you showed your spouse how much you really love and appreciate them? It is so easy to get into a routine or rut and forget to love those around us the way that God loves us. Break free from your routine, step out of the box and do something special for your spouse. It doesn't have to cost you anything! A simple note on the bathroom mirror or tucked into their jacket pocket is all it takes. Or maybe have their cup of coffee waiting for them when they wake up in the morning. Simple things that show you care will mean the most. 
Today I want to encourage you to consider the scope of love that God has for you. Be imitators of God and live a life of love!

Dear Father God, thank you so much for all the love you shower me with each and everyday. O Lord I am not worthy but am truly appreciative for all that you bless me with. Your cup of love runeth over for my poor soul. Lord please give me the wisdom and strength to imitate your love for me to those around me. May I never take their love for granted. For all my days O Lord I want to imitate your love to those around me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment