Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 11 - We Are Set Free


And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit
has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.
Romans 8:2 
So far in our study "Our True Identity in Christ" we have learned that as Christians we are righteous and free of condemnation. Today in the word we learn that we are set free. Because we have accepted Christ into our lives we are righteous, free of condemnation, and possess the power of the life-giving Holy Spirit. Not only was the Holy Spirit around at the time of world creation (Gen 1:2) but He is the force and power behind the rebirth of every Christian. When you asked Christ into your heart, the Holy Spirit was there with you giving you the strength to make that amazing transformation. With out Him your rebirth would not have been possible. Did you feel a power greater than yourself when you were reborn? I know I did. I couldn't explain it at the time, but the strength and courage that I needed to make that transformation could not have possibly come from within, I just didn't have that kind of strength within me at the time. Reading and studying scripture has taught me where that strength came from. I am humbled and in awe that God cares enough about me to be with me in Spirit as I was reborn. I suppose it is akin to being at the birth of a new baby. Parents eagerly await the birth of their children and wouldn't miss  it for anything. When a new Christian is born, the Holy Spirit is there to witness the amazing birth. When we were reborn in Christ, we were set free. What are you doing with your new found freedom?

Dear Heavenly Father, I am humbled to consider that the Holy Spirit was at my rebirth. Through your graciousness I have been reborn and set free from the shackles of sin. Please guide me to do Your will O Lord for all the days of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment