Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 8 - Seek Your Guidance From God


"What sorrow awaits my rebellious children." says the Lord. 
"You make plans that are contrary to mine. You make alliances not 
directed by my Spirit, thus piling up your sins."
Isaiah 30:1

The rebellious children that Isaiah speaks of are the people of Judah who are rebelling against God (Isa 1:2). Isaiah is condemning these people for planning evil towards God. Like many people today, the people of Judah sought advice from everyone, except God. They are undoubtedly filled with fear and worry, so they did what was easiest; sought counsel from those around them in the flesh. Should we do what is easiest or what God wants us to do?
  
We know from scripture that God wants us to seek Him first. Where do you turn first when faced with a problem? When you are stressed, worried, or questioning things in your life where do you seek counsel? Keeping in mind where you do seek counsel, where should you be seeking advice, strength and guidance for your problem? Yep, your Heavenly Father. All problems, worries, and life stresses should be laid at His feet. When we are filled with fear it is typical to search around us for counsel and assurance, we want an easy way out of our troubles. Taking our problems to God doesn't give us the immediate resolution we are seeking. Friend, there is no easy answer to your problem. But I can guarantee that only God has the right answer, and His solution is worth waiting for. He will give you help in an emergency but He wants to guide you throughout your life.  He wants to be the first place you turn when you face a problem. As children we sought the advice our of parents when we faltered or fell off course. Now as adults, we need to seek the counsel of our Heavenly Father. His plan for our life is perfect. His guidance, assurance, and answers are Holy and unwavering. No matter the crisis we should seek His word and turn to Him in prayer.

What are things you can do today to seek guidance from God? What are some steps you can take to seek his advice first when faced with a problem?

Dear Father God, I come before you today to ask for your forgiveness. Please forgive me O Lord for not seeking you counsel and guidance first and foremost in my life. Your plan for my life is perfect O Father and I know your guidance for me will set me down the path you want me to take. Your Word is supreme Father and I will seek your refuge everyday as I stumble down the life you have set before me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment