Monday, April 5, 2010

April 5 - Raising Godly Children


Fathers, do not exasperate your children, instead;
bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
Ephesians 6:4

How exactly are we to bring up our children in the training and instruction of the Lord when as parents we are mere sinners? We falter, we fall, our frustrations and tempers run wild; we are tired and stressed. In what areas are you struggling to raise Godly children? Are you modeling the behavior you want to see in them? Or perhaps you are hoping that your words are enough to set them down the path of faith and love for the Lord. Parenting is not an easy job, no one can argue with that. What can be argued though is that no matter what is going on in life it is our first and foremost job to raise Godly children. We must train and instruct them in the ways of the Lord and the words of the Bible.

Are you fulfilling your purpose of helping your children to grow learn the ways of our Lord and Heavenly Father? Sunday school is not enough to satisfy this requirement, sorry to say. Our words, actions, and choices throughout the day reflect our true intentions. Our children see all of it, even when you think they don't. So many times I have seen myself or heard my words in one of my children. Scary sight sometimes, other times thankfully it was pleasant. As a Mother I aim to make my choices pleasing to my Heavenly Father so that in turn my children learn and imitate the same. What are your children learning from you?

I want to encourage you to act in love, and treat your children as Jesus treated those that He loved.

Father God, I come before you today to ask for your forgiveness and mercy. Oh Father, you have blessed me with an amazing family and beautiful children. And yet I falter. O Lord for all the days of my life please give me the strength and wisdom to shepherd my children according to Your Word. May I clothe them in the same love and guidance that You showed the ones that You loved and cared for when You walked on Earth. It is my heart's desire to raise Godly children. Children who seek You in all that they do. I know O Lord that I need to be better about the same, forgive me God for my woeful ways. I want to seek You in all that I do as Your child and as a parent. Please show me the path that You have set before me so that I can walk down it with trust and faith in you. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment