Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16 - We Are Made Right With God


For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin,
so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
2 Cor 5:21

Stop and consider 2Cor 5:21 for just a minute. Contemplate the enormity of this verse. God made Christ to pay the penalty for our sins so that we can be made right with God through Jesus Christ. God loves you and I so much that he created His son who is sinless so that we have a chance at eternal life in heaven with God our Father. When you became a Christian you made an exchange with God. He took our sin and laid it at the feet of His crucified son. In turn he gave us righteousness. The exchange of goods between us and our Heavenly Father are hardly equal. He took our sin and gave us righteousness; two things that are far from equivalent. But God loves you and I so much that he freely gives righteousness and eternal life to those who believe. How grateful are you today and everyday for the gift that God has given you?

Dear Heavenly Father, Your love for me spans the heavens and the earth. O Father please forgive me of my sins and shortsightedness. For my sins you have given me an immeasurable gift. My sins are worthless to you but salvation is priceless. Thank you Father for loving me everyday and forgiving me of all my sins. Please open my heart and mind to freely let your will be done through me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment