Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6 - Generosity

photo credit

You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor;
so that by his poverty he could make you rich.
2 Corinthians 8:9

When was the last time you were blessed with generosity? Do you remember the feeling of joy your received by that act of kindness and thoughtfulness? God wants us to spread that feeling all over. From the poorest person to someone who seemingly has it all. Generosity blesses everyone. Christ shared His generous nature with all of us, He gave everything He had for you and me. What have you given lately? How have you blessed someone's life recently? Generosity is not always easy. It is easier to stay in our comfort zone and keep our blinders on to the needs of those around us. Think of all the joy and blessings you could share by simply being a little more generous. Whether it is your time or your possessions, you have something to give and share. Christ wants us to share what we have. We are all blessed beyond words, the least we can do is share our blessings with others. Freely give and you might be surprised to find that you are blessed in return.

Recently I was blessed by someone I will never meet, his generosity was still heartfelt and genuine. I have been buying used books to complete our home school curriculum for next year. One of the sellers I purchased from included 2 other books for free in addition to the 1 book I bought. The value of those 3 books is far more than I paid for 1. He blessed me and my children with his generosity. He could have kept the books to make a profit, but he didn't. He shared what he had with someone who had a need. Today I was genuinely blessed by the generosity of a stranger.

I encourage you to read 2 Corinthians 8:1-15. Wonderful encouragement on being generous.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for sending Your only son to die for our sins. Christ graciously gave His life to save mine. All the days of my life may I strive to be more like Him in my generosity. O Lord give me the wisdom to share with others freely what you have graciously blessed me with. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment