Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 11 - God Will Honor You


So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, 
and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.
1Peter 5:6
  
Our Heavenly Father does not want us to worry about our earthly status or position within groups. Your job title, social group popularity, or paycheck amount mean nothing to Him. Unfortunately though it is all too easy to fall into this mindset that has been ingrained in our brain for so long. You look around your neighborhood and see all the nice cars, stylish clothes, expensive home furnishings and you yearn to be like them. Or perhaps you strive to have all those nice things so that others will look upon you with favor and adoration. In 1Peter 5, Peter is advising us and perhaps more importantly reminding us that God's recognition and favor counts more than any of your neighbors, friends, or coworkers. God will bless your life according to His perfect plan. So stay humble and obey your Heavenly Father regardless of your circumstances. He will reward your commitment and trust in this life and the next. Your Heavenly Father will honor you and that is the greatest honor any of us can ever hope to receive.

If you have time read 1Peter 5. Consider writing a prayer to God about your glory and honor to Him.

Dear Heavenly Father, I come before you today with a humble spirit to as your forgiveness. Lord please forgive me of my sinful nature, my desires to be like others, to attain and impress my friends. Lord I give it all up to you. You are the only one that I want to impress. Your view of me is the only one that matters in eternity. Give me strength today and always Lord to battle the thoughts that may creep in my head. I owe all glory and honor to you my Almighty Father. In Your holy name I pray, Amen.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment